The Front Porch is a multi-agency resource center, designed to divert at-risk youth from becoming involved with juvenile court by linking them and their families to services.
The Front Porch serves Chatham County children up to age 18
- Status Offenses
- Ungovernable/CHINS (Child in Need of Services)
- Runaways that have returned home
- Misdemeanors that will not be filed with Juvenile Court
- Families who are in need of services and do not know where to turn!
- Felonies or Misdemeanors of a High and Aggravated Nature
- Misdemeanor cases which will be filed with Juvenile Court
- Youths with active warrants
- Youths with open cases at Juvenile Court
- Complete electronic referral form (can be requested by completing the Contact Us form)
- Include all information about youth and parent.
- Email the completed referral form to the address provided on the form
- Once received, the parent/legal guardian will be contacted to schedule an assessment with the child and parent.
- After the assessment is completed, the case manager will refer the child to appropriate service to benefit the family
- Referring agency may be contacted for follow-up information or questions
- Behavioral health (individual/family counseling, evaluations, substance abuse assessments)
- Pro-social activities (Performance Initiatives, Youth Intercept, i9 Sports, 100 Black Men, DEEP)
- Parent support (Parent University, Shelter from the Rain)
- Basic needs (Clothing closet, PACK food and hygiene bags)
The Front Porch is open Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with extended hours until 7:00 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays
Currently, we are not equipped or staffed to accept drop-offs. We would request that a referral be sent to us and we will contact the parent to schedule an assessment.
An assessment is conducted with both the child and a parent or legal guardian, who can consent to the assessment
No, The Front Porch is not a residential program. Families seeking placement for juveniles should contact Park Place Outreach (912-234-4048)
Services provided by The Front Porch are free of charge! If we refer a child to services such as counseling, which incur costs, we will take the child's insurance into consideration and refer them accordingly
We will not turn away a family requesting help and will make every effort to accommodate them; however, due to limited staffing on site, we would prefer to make appointments with families.